Sunday, February 26, 2012

Holy mountain of papers Batman!

Well my papers from the lawyer arrived yesterday and holy crap! I knew there was going to be a lot of paperwork involved in a divorce but its darn near 400 pages. The poor envelope busted when the mailman put it in my mailbox.

Anyway, now starts the chore of trying to wade through all the legal mumbo-jumbo and figure out just how I'm supposed to fill out that mountain of papers. I know that at least part of it isn't needed until our court date, but the rest of it needs to be read, filled out, and signed. Not to mention agreed upon by the STBE. Both he and I have decided that we want this process to be as painless on the kids as possible and we both know the only way that is going to happen is if we can go into the whole thing agreeing about things. In theory thats how it'll work, whether it'll actually happen that way or not remains to be seen.

My mother has offered to help me get things started and filled out, having gone through divorce twice herself. Of course, neither time did she have kids in the mix. The biggest thing I'm concerned about filling out right is the parenting plan. We have agreed that they will be staying with me the majority of the time, visiting him every other weekend and in between if I need him for babysitting and he's available. I just can't imagine any time without them, but I know the STBE can't either. Its going to be a big adjustment for all of us.

The sooner I climb that mountain of papers and get them filled out and signed, the sooner I will finally be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment