Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sick = weak willed.

Let me just start by saying I am the most pathetic and pitiful sick person you'll likely ever know. I won't go into details, but I'm sure you can imagine. Anyway, my point is that when I'm at my post pitiful I'm more likely to agree to things simply because I don't have the energy to argue them. When the STBE asked if he could do anything to help me feel better, like give me a backrub, I told him it was fine.

Now, you may be screaming, "You idiot!" at the computer but calm down I'm not totally off my rocker. I made it very clear to him that taking care of me while I'm sick is NOT going to change my mind about the divorce. He accepted that, or so he says, and he did great getting the kids fed, changed, down for bed, and out to go potty (the puppy). Normally this is all stuff I take care of and it was just really nice not to have to worry about it. He has been equally good with it all this morning too while I am a congested, headachey, sore throated mess.

The fact that someday, in just a few months, i'm going to have to do all of this on my own even if I feel like the walking dead is pretty intimidating. Sure I've got friends, my mom, and even the STBE to look after the kids if I just absolutely must crash for a few hours, but there will be no more staying in bed for days on end until I'm well. I will have to be up and functional because I will be the only one here to look after the two loves of my life and my crazy puppy.

Here's hoping I get over whatever crud this is quickly, so that I'm not so pitiful and easily swayed to let somebody I want nothing to do with give me a backrub... *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment