Monday, June 18, 2012

Signatures

 Hallelujah!

Talk about a long, draining, and headache-inducing afternoon.  But he signed the papers.  I had to compromise on some things, primarily visitation with the kids, but he willingly signed the divorce papers. 

From here I need to take myself down to the county courthouse and file them.  Once they are filed, because he signed them, we only have to wait three months and then the divorce will be final.  I honestly didn't think it would work out like this.  At a couple points I thought for sure that he was going to storm out of the house and refuse to sign them.  If he had I would have finished the papers anyway and just had him served with them but this is better by far.  The process will be faster and he knows what all the papers say and has agreed to everything so he has no reason to fight it when we get our court hearing.

Keeping all my fingers crossed it goes smoothly from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment